ATNR Reflex and Cerebral Palsy or Laryngomalacia
A missed or over-looked diagnosis of compromised breathing.
I get at least two inquires / Zooms a week looking to help 'head control' 'over-active ATNR' 'dystonia'.
This is because of structural airway positioning; quite possibly laryngomalacia.
Laryngomalacia Symptoms Infants and Children include:
- Noisy breathing (stridor) — An audible wheeze when your baby inhales (breathes in). It is often worse when the baby is agitated, feeding, crying or sleeping on his back.
- High pitched sound
- Difficulty feeding
- Poor weight gain
- Choking while feeding
- Apnea (breathing stoppage)
- Pulling in neck and chest with each breath
- Cyanosis (turning blue)
- Gastroesophageal reflux (spitting, vomiting and regurgitation)
- Aspiration (inhalation of food into the lungs)
This is why the frustrations of working with reflex therapies are not necessarily beneficial.
You need to work very closely with a...